Saturday, March 21, 2009

Crazy dream...

Here is a good example of the strange way my mind works. I have crazy dreams (usually because I like to push the snooze timer... a lot...)

The Dream:

This morning my cute little kitty Gweny (short for Guinivere, though she has many names really...) had kittens. My mind suddenly says, "But she's been spayed, I really need to call and complain to those humane society people!" (my kitty also has an illness, FIV, which is much like HIV but for cats... there is no way the humane society could have known before I adopted her... and she's likely to live a very long healthy life). Anyway... she, who has no contact with other cats... had kittens.

My fiance, Jif, woke up before me and didn't feel the need to tell me about the surprise occurrence. (this is where the dream gets kinda scary) Some kittens didn't survive and are in the apartment (thinking 'lucky' from 101 Dalmations... but not so lucky) but Jif shows me the one that did make it. There's also a huge mess that he didn't feel the need to clean up (leaving it for me!?! my mind is very upset with this!)

The mess is made worse by the fact that my cell phone is sitting in... it. I pick up the cell phone and start to clean it off. It suddenly opens up and I find a whole host of things stored inside my cell phone... two extra face plates, and more that I can't remember. (this is while I'm still in the kitty dream... anyway...) It opened much like the cell phone in the transformers movie that became a transformer... and all of its special insides fit neatly back inside or could be opened again. I abandon the cleaning mission...

I find that, unlike what Jif initially thought, there are 3 living kittens from my Gweny's litter. (the cutest little fluff-balls you can imagine) I also find the kitty-daddy roaming the apartment (I just notice him roaming around, he had no other role...)

In my dream I am suddenly sad. When there was one new kitten, my mind felt we could keep it. (Yay!) It wouldn't be in danger of getting FIV since it would have inherited it (which is why we won't be able to add to our real-life kitty family). But since THREE kittens are there, there's no way to keep them all!

And with that, my dream ended and I decided to wake up and not hit snooze (for at least the 7th time... yes I hit snooze for over an hour this morning...). Happily when I woke up, my real-life Gweny was sleeping under the covers right next to me in her oh-so-cute way.

No comments:

Post a Comment