I was just thinking about how many wedding pictures I've framed and put around the house... too many? I don't know, but I like them. It got me to thinking, as I do often, how much I LOVE my husband. He is so good for me (and I hope me for him) in so many ways!
I work with little kids (3-5 year olds) so it follows that I am a pretty fun-loving little girl at heart. I was lucky enough to find a little-boy-at-heart to marry! We spend 75% or more of the time we are together laughing (the other 25% is NOT fighting either...we don't do that too often ;-) What we DO do (haha dodo ;-) is play... tickle or make funny faces/jokes/noises or call eachother ridiculous names (lots of them) or laugh at our kitty.

While my hubby may not be big on surprise flowers or stopping to pick up milk... I LOVE the surprise e-mails I get on an almost-daily basis that simply say "I love you!" or something else to make me laugh.

We also have never had any problems sharing household chores etc. He actually loves to vacuum. I take out the trash and do the kitty litter. We share cooking (though it's more me) cleaning up and laundry. After living with not so equitable roommates in the past, he's the best roomie I could ask for!
Most of all, he is my best friend. The first person I think of when I want to tell someone something. The person I need to hold when I'm watching a scary movie. The person who's opinion I always want to know (even if I may disagree!) We love the same foods and love to spend our time off in the same ways. He's the one I want to make happy and he wants to make me happy in everything we do.
I know we've only been married for 2 months -- so it's as if we're still honeymooner/newlyweds... BUT if you consider how long we've been living LIKE we were married... it's been FIVE years. Five years of living together, sharing expenses, coming home to each other, compromising, arguing, changing, but most of all ... laughing.
No comments:
Post a Comment